Lagos State Government Bursary & Scholarship Award – The Lagos State Scholarship Board is the agency in charge of scholarship, bursary and other related matters within the state. It grants Scholarship awards to deserving indigenes in various tertiary institutions for full-time studies in order to assist these students financially.
Bursary and scholarship awards are only allocated to selected students in basic, secondary and tertiary institutions based on the recommendation from a selected panel of members from the five divisions of the state. Applicants for any of these awards must be Lagos State indigenes
We are going to break the application procedures into two categories. These are Undergraduates and Postgraduates Application categories
The Scholarship is for students in various universities in Nigerian and Abroad pursuing their undergraduate degree program. The Lagos state scholarship 2021 will serve as an aid to those students to pay their fees.
All categories of awards (bursary or Local Scholarship awards) are given based on the recommendation of Panel members appointed from the five Divisions of the State which are Ikeja, Badagry, Ikorodu, Lagos Island and Epe (IBILE). The panel members are made up of retired seasoned administrators, traditional leaders and opinion leaders in the various divisions.
In order to be eligible to apply for the scholarship, applicants must:
- All applicants must have completed full-time admission to a recognized Nigerian college.
- All candidates with a Bachelor’s degree:
- On a 7.0 MPCG scale (eg, University of Ibadan), he/she must have a minimum of 4.6 / 7.0.
- If the MPC scale is 5.0 (eg University of Lagos), he/she must have a minimum of 3.5 / 5.0
- If the MBM scale is 4.0 (for example, colleges and colleges), he/she must have a minimum of 3.0 / 4.0.
- If the applicant is a 200L medical student, options i, ii and iii apply
- If the applicant is a medical student for an amount of 300 L and whose result requires a minimum credit
- All applicants must be two years of age or older
- All applicants must have completed the LASRRA registration.
- All applicants must have an identification letter signed by their respective Oba.
- All applicants must have an identification letter signed by their respective local governments.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The Scholarship period will run between September 2020 and September 2021 for the September set and;
- January 2021 to January 2022 for the January set.
- The scholarship will provide a full tuition fee waiver for the year, plus a stipend of £8,000 which will be paid over 12 months.
- Applicants who can evidence their refugee status will be considered a priority group, however the University may extend the invite to apply to further applicants.
The following documents would be necessary foe completing the application.
- Passport photograph with a white background not more than 3 months old (450px by 450px not more than 200kb)
- Treasury receipt of N2,000 for the scholarship form
- Admission Letter
- School Identity Card
- SSCE Certificate
- Letter of identification from Oba
- Letter of identification from Local Government
- LASSRA registration card
- Transcript or Statement of Results duly signed and stamped from the school stating previous session CGPA results clearly
- Evidence of Consolidated Payment Confirmation Slip
- Ensure that information are filled accurately to avoid mix up after application
- Ensure the documents are named according to what they represent to avoid mixing up documents during upload
- Ensure you attach the appropriate documents when asked to upload.
Short-listed candidates for the qualifying test will be invited by email and SMS text messages. All applicants are therefore advised to ensure that valid GSM telephone numbers and personal email addresses are properly entered into the e-forms on the porta
Method of Application
Interested applicants should use the link below to start an application.
- The applicant must have gained full time admission into a tertiary Institution.
- The applicant must be a bonafide indigene of Lagos State (by paternity).
- The applicant must purchase a Bursary application form. (Payment of N1, 000.00 for Bursary & N2, 000.00 for Law School Students) through the Office of Special Adviser on Education, Alausa Secretariat
- Must attend Bursary award interview conducted by the Board & be screened by Panel Members who are Retired Seasoned Administrators, Permanent Secretaries /Directors and Traditional Rulers from the five divisions of Lagos State.
- They must present documents to ascertain the genuineness of their claims like:
- Admission Letters.
- School Identity Cards.
- Letters from Oba & Letter from Local Government.
- All other relevant documents.
- If successful, must purchase a brochure at the cost of N1, 000.00 (One thousand naira) for Bursary & N2,000.00 (Two thousand naira) for Law School and Maritime Academy Students, Oron.
- Further screening at the Board to ensure that all required documents have been provided by the successful applicants and files opened for them.
- Files are sent to the Account Section for the processing of payment
- Account sections scrutinize each file to ensure genuineness of documents attached.
- Names of successful applicants are sent to the bank for the production of ATM Cards.
- Applicants sign all necessary documents in the accounts section and collect their ATM Cards.
Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
If you would love to be under scholarship Mentorship, Click the link