The First Technical University (Tech-U), Ibadan, invites applications for the JOSEPHUS FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP from students interested and being considered for admission to the University (Tech-U), in the 2020 admission cycle, irrespective of nationality, state of origin, tribe, sex, religion or social status.
Josephus Foundation Scholarship is a highly competitive scholarship endowed by the Josephus Foundation, courtesy of the University Chancellor, Chief (Dr.) Tunde Afolabi, MFR. It is part of the institution’s support services to exceptionally brilliant but indigent students who otherwise may not be able to afford University tertiary education.
The scholarship is a partial scholarship that covers tuition and accommodation fees only, while the beneficiaries will be responsible for a one-time payment of other municipal and service charges as enumerated in the schedule of fees for undergraduate students which is available on the University website (https://tech-u.edu.ng/documents/SCHOOL-FEES-STRUCTURE).
The Scholarship will be offered on an annual basis to newly admitted (UTME, JUPEB and direct entry) students and could be held, subject to satisfactory performance, for the duration of a beneficiary’s programme of study.
Applicants for the scholarship must satisfy the following criteria
Applicants for the scholarship must satisfy the following criteria:
1. Have accepted admission or under consideration for admission to any of the degree programmes at the First Technical University (Tech-U), Ibadan in the on-going 2020/2021 admission cycle.
2. JAMB score of at least 200 in the 2020 UTME.
3. Passed at only one sitting ordinary level English Language, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics and Biology/Agricultural Science/Geography at least at the credit level. In addition, Direct Entry students must have at least Credit at advanced level in any 3 relevant science subjects/National Diploma at Upper Credit.
4. Perform satisfactorily in the University Scholarship Screening Examination; and
5. Maintain a Cumulative Grade Point Average of at least 3.00 to qualify for annual renewal of the scholarship.
6. Upload of ‘O’Level Results on Jamb’s Caps Portal is a Pre-Requisite for Admission Processing
Method of Application
Interested applicants should submit their application at https://tech-u.edu.ng/josephus-foundation-scholarship/ . Short-listed candidates will be invited for a competitive aptitude test. Enquiries should be sent to: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Entrance Examination Schedule
The Screening Examination for all applicants for the Josephus Foundation Partial Scholarship tenable at First Technical University, Ibadan, has been scheduled as follows:
Date: Thursday, 14th January, 2021.
Time: 12 noon (Screening will start at 10 am)
Professor Sola Ajayi
Deputy Vice Chancellor